How to Manage Stress
Learning to manage your stress daily is very important for your overall health. Stress causes A LOT of damage both short term and even long term in your body.
Check out this article by Medical News Today sharing how to help treat anxiety and stress naturally.
When a person is stressed they release a steroid hormone called cortisol. Cortisol works with your brain to control your mood, motivation and fear. It also plays an important role in a number of other areas of your body.
When you are stressed, your body releases this hormone. If you are stressed the majority of the time, you have too much cortisol flooding the body which can lead to a number of other problems including free radical damage which can lead to oxidation stress.
Here are some popular ways you can help manage stress:
- Take deep breaths. Breath in through your nose 5 seconds, hold your breath for 5 seconds and breath out your mouth, releasing all your air. Repeat as often as needed.
- Learn to think what is stressing you out through. Can you control it? Can you fix it? If it is something out of your control worrying about it will not make the situation any better. If anything it could make things worse.
- Listen to uplifting music or an encouraging video.
- Go on a walk. Exercise can help stimulate the production of chemicals in your body tat can lift your mood.
- Yoga or stretching exercises.
- Take some time to meditate.
- Talk to someone. Sometimes just talking to someone else helps release the pressure. I make sure to talk to someone I know will help me think things through better. I do not talk to someone that would let me sit in my slump. :)
You can also use supplementation to help you with your stress levels. Product suggestions — Reflexion™, Inner Sun®. Stress Formula™, ReCall® and 4Life's Essential Oils and Ultra Sonic Diffuser. Find these products in your 4Life back office in the "Shop" tab.
Learn how to place an order here.