Why is it important to exercise?
Exercise is very important to help us reach our best health. Being active:
- Boosts high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol (which is the good cholesterol).
- Decreases unhealthy triglycerides.
- Stimulates various brain chemicals that may leave you feeling happier.
- Delivers oxygen and nutrients to your tissues and helps your cardiovascular system work more efficiently. Keep your bones, muscles, and joints healthy with exercise!
- Can help you fall asleep faster, get better sleep and deepen your sleep.
- Can lower your risk of heart disease.
- Can help support a healthy body mass index (BMI).
I have noticed a significant difference in my overall health since I started incorporating regular exercise in my day. It has helped my feel better both physically and emotionally.
I use to struggle wanting to exercise. But once I started getting into the habit. I realized each time that I felt better after each workout. I also found things I enjoyed.
If you are someone that is not a big fan of the thought of exercise, think outside the box. Try new things! You will most likely find something you do like.
Here are some fun exercise ideas:
Play an active game —
- baseball or softball
- jump rope
- ice or roller skating
- swimming or water aerobics
- ping pong
- playing frisbee golf or just throwing a frisbee
- kick ball
- racket ball
- take your kids to the park and participate pushing them in a swing or on the merry-go-round
- laser tag
- paintball (AHH... you better prepare yourself with a few extra layers of clothes though! 😂 LOL)
Go on a walk — You don't have to go alone! Ask someone to go with you or take your furry friend along.
- use a treadmill, stair stepper or elliptical
- take nature walk.
- go to a local park to walk around and feed the ducks or birds (This is one of my favorite things to do 😃)
- take a walk around your local mall
Take a local or online aerobics class, like Zumba™
Go on a bike ride
Go horseback riding
Take a hike
ANOTHER TIP: Do you have a job that requires you to sit a lot? Move your feet while you sit, or walk around a little on your breaks.
It is important to exercise. I know we get busy and feel too tired sometimes. But push through those moments and you will find yourself eventually looking forward to getting a little exercise. Be blessed!
Lauren Nichole Roberts